NCEA Level 2 Chemistry
Teacher in Charge: H. Shah
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 12 Level 1 Science credits including a chemistry standard with at least 8 credits at Merit level or above or in consultation with Head of Science.
This course needs to be taken if you intend continuing with this subject at Level 3 (Year 13).
- Practical skills are assessed in two internals and require accuracy, equation writing and some calculation work;
- Structure, bonding and properties of chemicals and energy changes in reactions;
- Rates of reaction, equilibrium and acids and bases;
- Reactions that involve electrons being gained or lost; and
- Organic chemistry - the chemistry of carbon (plastics, fuels, alcohols etc).
This course leads to a University Entrance approved subject.
NCEA Level 3 Chemistry