NCEA Level 2 Biology
Teacher in Charge: S. Stewart
Recommended Prior Learning
A minimum of 12 Level 1 Science credits with at least 8 credits at Merit level or above or in consultation with Head of Science.
This course needs to be taken if you intend continuing with this subject at Level 3 (Year 13).
- Understanding of diversity, structure, function and interrelationships of living organisms, and their interactions with the abiotic environment;
- Understanding the function of cell components;
- Understanding of genetics and gene expression;
- Developing microscope skills; and
- Scientific investigative skills and attitudes.
This course leads to a University Entrance approved subject.
NCEA Level 3 Biology