Why BYOD - Bring Your Own Device?
To provide more access to digital technologies that contribute to raising student achievement by enabling students to be:
- effective users of communication tools
- active seekers, users and creators of knowledge
- independent, resourceful and enterprising
- future focused
- critical thinkers
- able to work collaboratively
- able to share work from home to school and with their teachers
What is a digital device?
It is a personal laptop, Netbook, Chromebook, Android Tablet, or an iPad. As a school we don’t believe that mandating a particular device is necessary, and because individual student needs differ, this can be a complex question to answer. We have however, put together some suggested minimum specifications.
A digital device is one that allows students to browse, create and edit documents efficiently. Students do not require a powerful (expensive) machine, nor do they need a large hard drive as they can easily save and share their work in the cloud.
Listed below are the suggested minimum specifications for our BYOD programme: