Year 10 Japanese
Teacher in Charge: H. Horsley
- To prepare students for NCEA and to give them an insight into the Japanese culture.
- The course covers all four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- A feature of this course is the wide variety of activities employed to help students learn and practice their new skills.
- As well as book work for script acquisition, students will be involved in role-plays, games, quizzes and competitions.
- Topics covered include: introductions, my house, my family, the school day, hobbies, my town, routine and weather.
Successful completion of this course is a prerequisite for Level 1.
The College offers a trip to Japan every 2 years for students of Japanese.
NCEA Level 1 Japanese
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Take home component of ingredients for cooking: $5
Voluntary course contribution: workbook $10
For NCEA Levels 1, 2 & 3 courses will be made up of a selection of the stated standards. This will happen at the beginning of the year with the assigned teacher.