NCEA Level 2 Japanese
Teacher in Charge: H. Horsley
- Show understanding of less familiar spoken Japanese (AS 2.1);
- Show understanding of less familiar written Japanese (AS 2.4);
- Produce 2 pieces of written Japanese with resources (AS 2.5);
- Present a 2 minute (minimum) speech in Japanese (AS 2.2); and
- Present 2 pieces of interaction in Japanese (AS 2.3).
This course leads to a University Entrance approved subject.
- NCEA Japanese Workshop at University of Canterbury
- Japan tour every 2 years (optional)
Recommended Prior Learning
Successful Completion of Year 11 Japanese.
This course needs to be taken if you intend continuing with this subject at Level 3 (Year 13).
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Course contribution: Student workbook $15
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Case Manager, Diplomat, Event Management, Flight Attendant, Foreign Policy Officer, Historian, Immigration Officer, Intelligence Officer, International Business, Interpreter, Journalist, Media, Private Teacher/Tutor, Secondary School Teacher, Tertiary Lecturer, Tourism, Tour Guide, Translator, Travel Agent/Adviser, Workplace Relations Adviser,
For NCEA Levels 1, 2 & 3 courses will be made up of a selection of the stated standards. This will happen at the beginning of the year with the assigned teacher.