NCEA Level 1 Japanese
Teacher in Charge: H. Horsley
- Show understanding of familiar spoken Japanese (AS 1.1);
- Show understanding of familiar written Japanese (AS 1.4);
- Produce written Japanese with resources (AS 1.5);
- Present a 1 minute (minimum) speech in Japanese (AS 1.2); and
- Present 2 pieces of interaction in Japanese (AS 1.3).
Field trip: NCEA Japanese Workshop at University of Canterbury.
Tour to Japan every 2 years (optional).
This course leads to a University Entrance approved subject.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Voluntary course contribution:
Renash book $19 (optional)
Recommended Prior Learning
Satisfactory Completion of Year 10 Japanese.
This course needs to be taken if you intend continuing with this subject at Level 2 (Year 12).
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Case Manager, Diplomat, Event Management, Flight Attendant, Foreign Policy Officer, Historian, Immigration Officer, Intelligence Officer, International Business, Interpreter, Journalist, Media, Private Teacher/Tutor, Secondary School Teacher, Tertiary Lecturer, Tourism, Tour Guide, Translator, Travel Agent/Adviser, Workplace Relations Adviser,
For NCEA Levels 1, 2 & 3 courses will be made up of a selection of the stated standards. This will happen at the beginning of the year with the assigned teacher.