NCEA Level 3 Japanese
Teacher in Charge: H. Horsley
- Show understanding of spoken Japanese (AS 3.1);
- Show understanding of written Japanese (AS 3.4);
- Produce 2 pieces of written Japanese with resources (AS 3.5);
- Present a 3 minute (minimum) speech in Japanese (AS 3.2); and
- Present 2 pieces of interaction (AS 3.3).
This course is a University Entrance approved subject.
- NCEA Japanese Workshop at University of Canterbury
- Japan tour every 2 years (optional)
Recommended Prior Learning
Successful Completion of Year 12 Japanese.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Course contribution: Student workbook $15
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 24
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.
Case Manager, Diplomat, Event Management, Flight Attendant, Foreign Policy Officer, Historian, Immigration Officer, Intelligence Officer, International Business, Interpreter, Journalist, Media, Private Teacher/Tutor, Secondary School Teacher, Tertiary Lecturer, Tourism, Tour Guide, Translator, Travel Agent/Adviser, Workplace Relations Adviser,
For NCEA Levels 1, 2 & 3 courses will be made up of a selection of the stated standards. This will happen at the beginning of the year with the assigned teacher.